UUCSA Alert | An Impending Genocide!
All praise is due to Allah and may His choicest salutations continue to descend upon our Master and Leader Muhammad (saw).
“And they resented them not except because they believed in Allah the Exalted in Might, the Praiseworthy. (85:8)
“A time will come over people wherein one who perseveres in adhering to his religion will be like one grasping hot coal.” (Tirmidhi)
A wave of protests against a new citizenship law has broken out in cities across India, a law that will endanger the nation’s Muslim minority and chip away at the government’s secular identity. On face value, the law merely paves the way for persecuted religious minorities from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh to fast-track claims to Indian citizenship. But by pointedly excluding Islam from faiths whose followers will receive special consideration—Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism and Christianity—the government signals that Muslim migrants aren’t welcome in India. The unrest has spread to more than a dozen cities, and the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has responded by deploying troops, enacting a curfew and shutting down the Internet.
Muslim history in India dates back to the 6th century when Arab merchants interacted with Indians and the first known Arab Muslims settled on the Indian coast in the last part of the 7th century. Muhammad bin Qasim was the first Muslim general to enter the Indo- Pak subcontinent in 705. Later, Umayyad campaigns further established Muslim rule in India. Muslims ruled various parts of India during 1206 to 1398 CE (192 years).
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad had the distinction of serving as the President of the Congress for the largest number of years and at the most critical junctures of the nation’s history. In the forefront of resistance against the British was Maulana Husain Ahmad Madani who displayed extraordinary patriotic zeal in the defence of India. Moulana Abul Hassan Ali Nadwi says: “The Muslims, as such, unfailingly regarded India as their own country of permanent abode from which they could never turn their eyes away. They ungrudgingly gave of their best mental, physical and spiritual resources, their choicest natural abilities and talents, in its service, thinking that the contribution they would make to its development and prosperity would ultimately be to their own advantage, for was not their future tied up inseparably with it? “
India is the second most populated country in the world with an estimated population of 1.3 billion. Muslims number 201 million, making it home to the world’s second-largest Muslim population after Indonesia. India is about 80 percent Hindu and 14 percent Muslim. Muslims have now become the underdogs and have become social lepers in their very own country.
The ruling BJP which has a Hindu nationalist agenda seeks to transform the secular state of India into a Hindu State. It is an internationally accepted reality that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged in Indian politics as a political wing of the extremist, terrorist Hindu organization Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). “RSS Was established in 1925, Based on The Philosophy of Nazism, its fundamental objective was to establish a Hindu State in South Asia. The founding father of the RSS said that any Indian who is not a Hindu is a “traitor” and called it “treason” to be a non-Hindu in India. Today, Modi calls that RSS leader his “guru worthy of worship.”
The RSS and the Zionists in occupied Palestine have striking similarities. Both are premised on an Apartheid model of a caste system, (Muslims are regarded as impure invaders), one religion, one supreme culture. Israel has been the largest supplier of arms to India. Israelis have been training
Indian forces and intelligence agencies in fighting “Islamic militancy,” given their vast experience of “dealing” with the Palestinians. In order to rid India of Muslim presence and its glorious heritage the RSS inspired ruling party has:
- Enacted the National Register of Citizens in Assam – The National Register of Citizen (NRC) is a registry maintained by the Government of India containing names & certain relevant information for identification of Indian citizens of the Assam state , ultimately stripping nearly 2 million Assamese of citizenship. Modi’s government is currently building concentration camps to house these people who have been made stateless. In order to make it onto the registry, residents had to provide the government with evidence that their families had migrated to India before March 24, 1971, around the start of the Bangladesh war of independence.
- Scrapped Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. Modi’s government stripped the only Muslim majority state in India of its semi-autonomous status — then stole away its statehood. Kashmir remains under martial law.
- Given the green light to build a temple on disputed land in Ayodhya — and handing over the rights to do so to the same people responsible for the violent demolition of the mosque that once stood on that site.
- It has now introduced the Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB), which allows any legal or illegal immigrant of Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist, Christian or Parsi faith, who came into India from Pakistan, Bangladesh or Afghanistan before 31 December 2014, to become Indian citizens. It also wants to implement the National Register of Citizens (NRC) across the whole country. The law makes religion the basis for citizenship. CAB and NRC combined provide a legal route for the BJP to begin cleansing the land of Muslims and ultimately of all non-Hindus. If the purpose of the Bill was to give citizenship to persecuted minorities in the neighbouring countries, how can it exclude the Rohingya of Myanmar who is far more persecuted than any other group in the neighbourhood?
- One of the final nails in the coffin of Indian secularism will be a national anti-conversion law requiring people to receive government permission to change their religion.
Dr Gregory Stanton, founder of Genocide Watch says: Preparation for genocide is definitely under way in India. According to Stanton, the ten stages of genocide are as follows:
- The first stage was “classification” of “us versus them”.
- The second stage, “symbolization”, named the victims as “foreigner”.
- The third stage, “discrimination”, “classified [the victims] out of the group accepted for citizenship” so that they had no “human rights or civil rights of citizens” and were “discriminated against legally”.
- The fourth stage, dehumanization, “is when the genocidal spiral begins to go downwards. You classify the others as somehow worse than you. You give them names like ‘terrorists’, or even names of animals, start referring to them as a cancer in the body politic, you talk about them as a disease that must be somehow dealt with.”
- The fifth stage was creating an “organization” to commit the genocide: the role played by the
- “Indian army in Kashmir and the census takers in Assam”.
- The sixth stage was “polarization”, which is achieved by propaganda.
- The seventh stage was “preparation”
- The eighth “persecution”, where Assam and Kashmir currently were.
- The ninth stage is “extermination” and the tenth stage is “denial”.
Scholars and students from the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, and over 625 academics and writers have cautioned that the proposed divisive and discriminatory changes would harm the country, echoing concerns expressed by over 770 scientists in a statement that read: “The CAB goes against the fundamental founding principle of our republic — equality before law without regard to religious beliefs…For the first time, there is an attempt by statute, to exclude Muslims from the possibility of amnesty and citizenship, for no other reason than their religion.”
India has historically enjoyed close ties with the Arab world. The region is home to around 10 million Indian workers who contribute more than $35 billion dollars annually in foreign remittances to the economy. Besides, the UAE and Saudi Arabia are India’s largest trading partners (second and third respectively) after the US. The Muslim world seems oblivious to the gathering storm, it is unable to flex its economic muscle, it is preoccupied with its own conflicts and economic issues, indifferent to the clear and present danger of ethnic cleansing, which is not simply an ‘Indian Muslim problem’ but part of a greater onslaught against the global Muslim Ummah.
May Allah protect the Ummah from growing Islamophobia around the globe.
Yusuf Patel (Moulana)
Statement Issued: 20 December 2019
UUCSA is an umbrella body comprising nine affiliate members. It represents approximately 1500 Muslim Scholars. It has a national foot print across the nine provinces of South Africa.
Head Office: P.O. Box 38311, Gatesville, 7764, Cape Town, South Africa, Tel: + 27 21696 5150 Fax:+ 27 21696 5154
Secretariat: P.O. Box 257, Middelburg, 1050, South Africa, Tel: +2713 243 2423, Fax: +2713 243 2423, Email: [email protected]