Jumu’ah Salaah under Constraining Circumstances
- Performance of Jumu‘ah is a salient feature of Islam and all efforts should be made to perform it.
- Under our current circumstances, Jumu‘ah could be performed in smaller groups.
- The Jumu‘ah Khutbah and Salaah should be as concise as possible.
- If sufficient ‘Ulama/Imaams are not available to conduct multiple Jumu‘ah prayers, then the services of Huffaadh or other competently trained persons could be utilized.
- A concise Khutbah can be sourced from any of the Jamiatul Ulama South Africa offices (or www.jamiatsa.org), or ‘Ulama of the community may be consulted.
- If the conditions for Jumu’ah Salaah are not met, Zuhr Salaah should be performed.
- Remain cordial and avoid confrontation at all times.
Some Rules Pertaining to Jumuah
- 4 Baaligh (mature) Males = Jumu‘ah Salaah can be performed
- Less than 4 Baaligh (mature) Males = Jumu‘ah Salaah cannot be performed
Method of Jumu’ah Salaah
- Call out the 1st Adhaan. Perform the Sunnah Salah.
- Call out the 2nd Adhaan. Deliver the two Khutbahs.
- Call out the Iqaamah. Perform the two Rak’aats of Jumu’ah Salaah. Perform Sunnah and Nafl Salaah
14 Jan 2021