Dawah wal Irshaad
The rays of the sun benefit everyone, rich, poor, black, white, big, small, good, bad, sick and healthy. Whether one praises the sun or hurls words of abuse, the rays of the sun benefit everyone. The ‘Ulama of the Ummah need to take a lesson from the sun - in the manner it benefits the entire creation without any hope of praise and reward. If the ‘Ulama work among the masses of the Ummah and benefit them with the advice of the Noble Qur’an and the Sunnah, the world would be a better place for all.
The Dawah wal Irshaad department allows ‘Ulama to utilize their potential in guiding the Ummah with the powerful rays of light that they carry, the Noble Qur’an and the Sunnah.
The activities of the Dawah wal Irshaad are as follows:
Monthly posters are published and distributed in Masaajid in the region. They cover a range of issues relevant to various significant time periods of the year as well as address burning contemporary issues.
- Educational workshops and lecture programmes
Educational workshops and lecture programmes are arranged in various Masaajid throughout the year. Some of the more well-known topics covered in these events and type of programmes include:
- Spiritual Upliftment
- Youth Programmes
- Qira'ah & Nazm Jalsah Programmes
- ‘Ulama Programmes
- Distribution of Literature
The Dawah wal Irshaad Department distributes various types of Islamic literature which include:
- Books which have been prepared for non-Muslims who want to know about Islam in English, Zulu and Sotho. These are given to Dawah Centres, Dawah groups and to Muslim prison inmates who request for it. A set of seven books named the Tayseer Series have been prepared for persons who newly embraced Islam and want to know about the basics of being a Muslim.
- The translation of the Noble Qur‘an in English to non-Muslims who want to know about Islam.
- Hajj packs which comprise of important guidelines for Hujjaj.
- Marital packs with essential literature for newly-weds and prospective couples.